Set adrift on Memory Bliss of Jake

Friday, August 19, 2005

Howdy folks,

I may be late on this but I read yesterday that Christopher Guest has a new movie on tap for next year. I think he and Eugene Levy are comedic geniusi. I use genuisi(pronounce jean-you-sigh because it's more fun) and I know it's not the correct grammar but if you haven't noticed, grammar is in no way fun or enjoyable to me, but I digress. An interview with Levy revealed that they were doing it this october. I'm assuming that means it'll shoot this october. Guest's stuff is all great to me. Spinal Tap is not as good as the others but, in my opinion, is still a much better comedy than 95% of the stuff out there(I've done my own personal studies and the numbers came up to 94.76 but I rounded up).

Best in show, Waiting for Guffman, and A Mighty Wind are all instant favorites of mine. Some of you may kick me in the butt but for some reason I throw Drop Dead Gorgeous in there with them. I know it's not Guest stuff but the mockumentary style blends with those. What else is out there. I'm sure I've missed something. Mockumentary wise, is there anything that I need to see? I haven't seen the bbc original shows of The Office but I've really enjoyed the NBC one. I think Steve Carrell is hilarious.

I really am interested in hearing what you think.

Jake

3 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Jake said...

I read the Iblog manual. No Joke. I'm not being sarcastic and therefore I can't tell you because I read it and not memorized it.

You're moo-lay comment was extemely funny up until the part where you asked me for blog code editing advice.

Try this: www.blogger.NickBurnsCompanyComputerGuy.com

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Alli Miller said...

Jake,

You seriously need to check out the original UK "The Office." Its brilliant.

Other uk favs of mine are Sean of the Dead (which I own), and a UK comedian named Eddie Izzard (a straight guy who does his stand up in drag).

Seriously, I almost pee on myself watching these. So I'm just warning you now. You may not be able to control yourself....

Leslie,

Go into the template section of your blog settings, then under the links part (the code-looking stuff), you delete what they have and insert which links you want.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Wayj said...

Sometimes watching regular documentaries can be just as funny. It's all about the group you watch it with. The UK Office is a must, although I definitely love the US version as well. Another UK gem I'd recommend is Little Britain. I take that back, I demand that you watch it (but maybe watch it with a small crowd first ;) It's more sketch comedy than mockumentary but it is freaking hilarious. I'd also say Ali G the show, not the movie, is a very good example of the "mock" style.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home