Set adrift on Memory Bliss of Jake

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

What an Amazing 4th!! We had a blast yesterday. I don't think I've ever stayed in a pool for so long. We went over to Kenny Wall's parent's house and just lounged around all day long. Thanks to Kenny and Megan for the wonderful hospitality. Days like that really make me want to wax poetically on the quality of friends that the Lord has blessed me with. You guys are amazing. Cristy and I found ourselves saying just that several times this week. We are surrounded by amazing, loving, hilarious friends and couldn't be more thankful for it. Also, it's awesome to watch you guys with Addy. It not only gives us a break every now and then but it really shows ya'lls character and integrity when you hang out with her in the spirit of love and gentleness like you do.

I've never actually thought that having a firecracker lodged in my sandal was a "fun" thing but a few of the fellas changed my mind on that last night. Firecracker fights are just plain great. I did not say safe at all but I did say great and I'm sticking to that. Thanks fellas.

3 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger megan kelly said...

even more fun than firecrackers lodged in sandals are roman candles aimed at the faces of the excited onlookers...

4th of July was the closest thing I've had to KY family time in a while. It was one of those days you look around and realize why community is so important in the life of a believer. There was just a lot of good fellowship. And on a personal note, it was one of those days where you realize the reality of "family" within the body. wooo hooo... thanks Kenny and Meg! ( and Jesus for the Ring!)

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Kenny and Megan said...

4th of July was an absolute blast, and I shudder to think that Kenny and I deserve the thanks. All that we could think at the end of the day was, "How blessed are we?" The simple fact that I was able to host a party and not pull my hair out was testimony itself of how cool our community is.

As far as family is concerned, I have had a really difficult time defining that word over the last few years (parents divorced, I'm adopted and met my bio father, never see mom b/c of location, etc.). I have learned that the Lord places people in front of our paths, and due to his grace and sense of humor, he allows us to call each other not simply friend, but "brother" or "sister." God has shown me, through the body of the Ring, that the word "family" is not restricted to those with whom we share a name.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Wayj said...

Jake! Travis and I demand more content on this blog right now! And make it funny or else a little blonde girl I know will lose a ringlet per week!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home